NEW!

L’historique

The Church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe

The Church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe is a beautiful complex of traditional Canary Island architecture. It is made up of a single nave, with white walls and a Canary Island pine roof, with exquisite details carved into the wood.

The Church contains articles of great historic – artistic value, including the main altar piece and the two side altar pieces to the sides. The main altar piece is a unique piece of work built onto the spectacular wall that separates the presbytery from the sacristy. It is made from Arucas stone, although it has been painted and white-washed time and again over the years.

The side altars are attributed to Canary Island baroque painter Juan de Miranda (1723-1805). One of the altar pieces is a triple-panel with images of Santo Domingo in the centre and Santa Catalina and Santa Lucia on the right and left. The other is a double panel, also in coloured wood, with images of San Andres and San Francisco de Asis.

The floors and walls inside the Church house four tombs, one of which holds the remains of Fernando del Castillo Ruiz de Vergara Bethencourt y Amoreto (Count of la Vega Grande), while the others have not been identified.

The Manor House (La Casa Condal)

The Manor House is a building that also shows characteristic features of traditional Canary Island architecture. It is an elegant, two-storey hacienda with pitched roofs.

The main access to the Manor House is through a large gate that leads to the cobbled courtyard. A bright continuous balcony connects the rooms of the upper floor in the Manor House, where you will find a pitched roof, hardwood floors and elegant windows.

The bright and airy rooms of the Manor House are presently fitted out to host small meetings and banquets. One side of the Manor House has been fitted out as a suite with all the creature comforts for a bridal couple to spend their wedding night, or it can be converted into a space for promoters or organisers of corporate events.

The Ageing Cellar and the Tasting Room are also set in historic quarters. The wine casks are on the first floor, while the second floor houses two rooms where you can taste the Vega Grande Wines or hold an organised meal.